Saturday 27 December 2014

3 Alternative Golf Balls to Try that Match the Titleist Pro V1

Having got to grips with the Titleist Pro V1 I decided it was time to look around and see if there were any alternative golf balls I should be using instead. This was not easy task as trying to beat the number one golf ball from my own personal rankings was difficult. I did however find a few real treasures in terms of driving distance, iron play, softness at the greens and putting to give Titleist a real run for its money.

Choosing a golf ball is always difficult. As a player though I know you must only ever use one type of ball. The amount of times I’ve seen players grab any old ball from their bag still shocks me. You see it’s all about consistency. Choose one golf ball and stick with it. This will rule out any X-Factor anomalies that can impact your game. Reduce the consistencies and golf gets easier! 

The Callaway HEX Warbird Golf Ball is a great choice in comparison to the Pro V1

Speed off the Club and Putting
It has a large soft core that means getting speed off of the driver and club face is phenomenal. The thin cover means it feels really soft which is essential when it comes to short-game green working. I wasn’t sure how it would putt though but its softness was a real delight as it seemed to gently compress off of the putter face. 

Low speed lift when coming off the club game me the confidence to go for the green knowing the Warbird would drop where I placed it.

HEX design is one of the key features of Callaway and I found the look and feel to be pleasing. The spin control on these balls was also very good especially when pitching in from 80 yards and less. 

The Callaway Supersoft
Heralded as the softest ball on the market with 35 compressions these squishy golf balls made me wonder – how could such a soft ball perform on the golf course? Well distance seemed great and the control off the iron clubs seemed amazing. I wish though that they were in white rather than fluorescent as I prefer a pure white golf ball. 

The super low spin dynamics made this ball fly very straight on tee shots and iron play. 

The Nike Golf 2013 Mojo
At first I thought these were too cheap to be any good. I mean how can you buy a 24 pack of golf balls for such a low price? However putting aside my economy versus quality consciousness I took a pack out for a round. When I took a Mojo out I looked at the logo and chuckled a little. It’s a great design and has a real 70’s feel if that’s your bag!

The Nike Mojo is a two piece ball that comes with a pre-printed alignment aid which is handy when you’re putting out. They felt great when chipping in shots and putting too. The soft exterior still felt comfortable when handling and flew very well off drives and iron shots. All-in-all not a bad golf ball which is perhaps aimed more at the amateur market than the other golf balls currently available. 

Before I can go I must give credence to Titleist Pro V1 as they remain outstanding golf balls. But with the other major brands competing for the number 1 position it can only be a matter of time until they’re eclipsed by more economically priced competitors.



6 comments:

  1. I really like all of the articles, I truly loved, I'd like more info relating to this, simply because it's very good., Many thanks with regard to discussing. mercado da bola

    ReplyDelete
  2. i recently visited this blog, just awesome and sharing here update resources about golf, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. This golf ball idea is great and i have followed this website for update resources. thanks for this good share

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the best golf grips are a little more expensive than others but when you get them you will realize that they are worth every penny. To get more detailed info on golf ball for mid handicapper, find out here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Remember that it's easy to just swing away without really thinking much about what you're doing. But consider that the golf clubs only real purpose is to achieve a sound impact and you will realize the importance of swinging your golf club on its correct plane angle. Masters live streaming online

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just awesome resources, thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete